I do communications and project management for organizations working on the arts, media, and racial and economic justice.
Need a contract worker for a short project? An interim staff member to fill in while someone is away? Ongoing support on a large program?
- WRITING: I quickly grasp the voice of an organization and write anything from blog posts to annual reports. Clients have included the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Active Voice, and GrantCraft. My freelance writing has appeared in such outlets as Public Books, American Theatre, and "Studio 360." Take a look at some writing samples.
- EDITING: Whatever story you want to tell, I'll help you do it better. I'm a insightful and encouraging editor who has worked with such organizations as the Communications Network, Funders for LGBTQ Issues, and Philanthropy New York.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: I stay focused on the big picture and the small details when managing projects. I coordinated the global communications training program for UNDP, produced large projects for Working Narratives, and was in charge of outreach and education for the Columbia University Center for Oral History.
- TRAINING: I offer customized workshops to help organizations communicate about the human heart of their work. I wrote a guide on "Storytelling and Social Change" and led workshops for Working Narratives. I created and led writing workshops for UNDP.
- RESEARCH AND FIELD MAPPING: I expertly get the lay of the land in a given field through interviews and web research, and report back on the wisdom I've gleaned. I did field surveys on religion and social justice for the Ford Foundation and the Stupski Foundation, and was a researcher and pre-interviewer for the renowned documentary playwright and actress Anna Deavere Smith.
I have an MPA from the Harvard Kennedy School, as well as a master's in theology from Harvard Divinity School and a bachelor's degree in Russian Language and Literature from Brown University.
Visit my page on LinkedIn.